Monday 5 March 2012

Catching Up

It is Monday morning and a quick glance show that I have jotted nothing down since last Thursday. I suppose I had better rectify this lack of output.

Friday: Hanging Around

On Thursday evening I received a snotagram from an American Delivery Director querying some of my recent deliverables and requesting a call. You will note that "requesting" was presented in italics and was therefore optional in the way that pouring water on yourself is optional if your shoes are on fire. I therefore politely responded making myself available for a call, clarifying my position and hung around all afternoon for him to ring or respond ...

... he didn't.

Saturday: Out and About

Saturday morning saw me take the Defender over to Liverage 4x4 to let them give it a once over and then discuss refurbishment options. They seemed a friendly bunch and had some fine looking machinery over there but my shopping list will result in a very big bill. I am assured that she would look like she just left the production line and that her general sound condition definitely makes it a worthwhile venture. It is just whether I am prepared to take the financial hit. I await the quote with interest.

The afternoon saw a walk with T&M and then a visit to Bad Man Senior's residence for dinner. This was very pleasant as he had taken it upon himself to roast a leg of lamb and, as is traditional, had prepared a trifle for 30%.  We mentioned that his supreme trifle expertise had made it's way in to The Journal and he smiled and advised that he felt his finest trifle was one based on Sloe Gin that had put my mother to sleep for many hours. Anyone unlucky enough to have ever encountered my mother in the second half of her life will appreciate that she was far more tolerable in repose.

It is rarely a late night at BMS's now and we were home before the ten o'clock news.

Sunday: Frozen Fish

TP had a rugby match this morning and the weather was foul. It was bitterly cold and a steady rain was falling. 30% took pity on T&M and decided that I should walk them before the match, get them home and dried so that they were not shivering on the touch line for the best part of a couple of hours.

Did you see what she did there? She kindly arranged for me to get wet and cold before the match so that T&M could spend the morning snoozing on their beds, having been exercised and towelled dry, whilst I then froze my proverbials off in rain that was turning to sleet*...

... You can see where I come in the pecking order.

The match was against TP's original Rugby Club and we were hoping for a win but that was not to be in a very muddy match that had the backs bogged down and frequently had a tendency to slip from rugby to mud wrestling as tempers frayed on both sides.

At home and thawed I took it easy for a couple of hours before rattling the pots and pans in the kitchen. We had an early supper planned as we were out to see Richard Herring's** What is Love, Anyway? show at the Warwick Arts Centre that evening. 30%'s Mum, Dad and Sister joined up for both the show and supper and seemed to enjoy the show at the very least.

Herring was very good; intelligent, constantly witty and incredibly fast paced. We saw his "Christ on a Bike" tour last year and whilst the subject of religion tickled more of my funny bones this was still a great piece of work.
---

* that is the "Frozen" part of the title dealt with
** and that is the "Fish"

No comments:

Post a Comment