Why haven't I blogged? I don't really know. I just, sort of, lost the urge. There wasn't a huge amount going on and there was only so many times I could write "I walked the dogs" or "I did some cooking" before I felt responsible for engendering a feeling of extreme tedium in anyone that cared to linger here.
This is not to say that stuff didn't happen, I just didn't feel like weaving it in to a narrative. I guess that I just got plain lazy. So for all of you that have persevered with a bad man's journal here is list of some of the shit that happened over the past week or so ....
- I did make the Puy Lentil and Bacon soup. TP & 30% really liked it*
- I took TP and two of his chums to see Top Gear Live at the NEC**
- I paid a further visit to the Dentist to have a crown fitted ***
- I had my retinas photographed
- The camera that failed on holiday was returned from the repair shop
- I took Marauder to the vets on two separate occasions ****
- I went to Motorcycle Live 2011 at the NEC
... And now I am back at work and am spending the first few days clearing the e-mails that have built up and completing some mandated training. It is possible that I may have slightly exaggerated the amount of training and email to my Manager.
Other news: I now have irrefutable evidence that 30% cannot slice bread.
|That's 25 degrees off vertical|
---* I'm yet to be persuaded.
** It was exactly as you would expect it to be
*** That bloody hurt ... "No Mr bad man, we don't numb you up for a crown fitting"
**** That cost over £100 but at least I no longer need to mop up dog pee