... Today 30% asked me to marinate a fillet of Salmon. I'm not a huge fan of the farmed, pink fish but there are occasions when it is sold at a price that is just to good to be true. The aforementioned fillet was taken from a whole fish reduced to a ridiculously low price. It was brought home and filleted and frozen.
A few years back after eating yet another bland chunk of farmed Salmon I finally decided to get creative and this is what I came up with ...
- grind a level teaspoon of black peppercorns in a mortar
- add a couple of dried red chillies and grind them too
- next add a level teaspoon of salt, 4 crushed cloves of garlic, a handful of roughly chopped fresh rosemary and grind to release the flavours
- finally add a good glug of Worcester Sauce and 2 tablespoons of olive oil and mix well
- place the Salmon skin side down in an oven proof container and brush liberally with the marinade
- now cover with cling film and leave in the fridge for a minimum of 6 hours
- finally pan fry or bake - whichever you prefer
---* I then have a tendency to forget what I have done - hence the idea of jotting them down here as an aide mémoire