Tuesday 10 September 2013

Quote of the Day

"He's been here twenty five minutes and has a new laptop, a new laptop bag, a corporate charge card AND has a Blackberry on order ... I've been here twenty five years and get sod all!

I think 30% uttered this in jest.

From this it can be deduced that my User ID and password have finally been set up and I spent much of today attempting to familiarise myself with the basic tools of the trade. The Neat & Tidy Piano Movers have a similar suite of Office Tools to Dante's Nine Circles of Hell but use different tool providers. As a result each and every tool has broadly similar functionality but delivers it in a slightly different way.

If I thought that driving a different car on the right hand side of the road two weeks ago required a brain reset this is an order of magnitude beyond that.

By the end of the day I had started to pick my way through the email and instant messaging systems and had even tracked down an individual that could provide me with the password for my corporate charge card application...

... Thus far I have only had to make two calls to the Help Desk!

No comments:

Post a Comment