Sunday 15 September 2013

Weekend Round Up

This is going to be a short one as I have shit to do ...

Saturday morning involved an early walk around the Three Miler as rain yesterday evening meant I couldn't be arsed to take them for a walk after work. In the afternoon 30% and I headed in to Redditch where we completed a few errands including paying in the cheque from the Kennels to cover our vets fees after Tyson's stay there. I also picked up a headset from the Office Supply store as many of my work conversations, going forward, will be VOIP * rather than traditional Land Line.

Back at home 30% and I dragged a lamb carcass from the fridge and started the mammalian anatomy exam that results from buying one's meat in the whole. I should explain that I picked up the carcass from Kathy H-R yesterday evening and shoved it in one of our fridges out of the way overnight. It was supplied as  a loose selection of joints, chops and offal and the final task before freezing is to identify, pack and label the meat. I even got keen and boned the two breast joints before freezing which meant that T&M got some choice morsels and this cut has more recipe options when it emerges from the freezer in due course.

In the evening we collapsed in front of the TV and watched a couple of films before retiring to bed.

Sunday also started with an early walk around the Three Miler as rain and gales were forecast for later in the day. I then headed over to see Bad Man Senior and took along half a dozen eggs and a portion of Liver, Bacon and Onions.** BMS had been taking care of the end of season glut of tomatoes and gave me a portion of his home made tomato soup and a large bag of ripe tomatoes. Having exchanged produce we chatted and drank coffee before I headed over to the Rugby Club to collect TP from his Sunday morning training session.

We then lunched before I got busy in the kitchen and made a large batch of Pean and Ham soup. The great thing about the recipe I use it that it involves a 3 hour long simmer on the hob which gave me ample time for a Sunday afternoon snooze on the sofa.

The rest of the day was filled with pottering and odd jobs before we dined  and I prepared for week#2 at The Neat & Tidy Piano Movers.
---
* VOIP: Voice over IP telephony
** BMS loves Liver and Bacon but SMS is not a fan. As a result it is rarely on BMS's menu so 30% always cooks him a portion whenever we have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment