Tuesday 27 August 2024

Sample points on the UK Social Spectrum

I was up relatively early this morning and in time to wish TP farewell as he headed back home to Cardiff.  Apparently he has a final night shoot in London this evening before they spend a couple of days de-rigging in Cardiff.  He'll be back here on Friday before heading off for a motorcycle tour of France with a couple of his mates.

This morning I seemed to be channelling a secret suburban, middle class persona and spent a couple of hours pressure washing the patio.  I must confess that it was the perfect job for a completer/finisher like me and it does look quite splendid now I've finished. I do have one observation though, my jeans were soaking and splattered with shit at the end of it. I look nothing like the immaculately dressed* men in the pressure washing advertisements.

After lunch I had an extended snooze and then did very little for the rest of the afternoon. The only thing of significance was that I spent an hour in the sun stringing runner beans.

As the afternoon turned to evening I wheeled the R nineT from the garage and headed out to meet up with Buzzer and Dot.  We headed up to the Piston Club at Red Hill for their Tuesday evening bike meet and had a pleasant couple of hours catching up on each other's news. Unfortunately the evening's entertainment was a couple of Death Metal bands and they were fucking atrocious! There was only so much distorted screaming and badly played noise we could put up with before we decided an early night was probably the best choice.

I was back home by seven thirty and, after a light supper, I managed to spend another couple of hours asleep on the sofa.

As I wandered up the stairs to bed I thought "I'll never sleep tonight, after three hours of slumber during the day"

---

* They're a bit "I'm just nipping out to put some petrol on the Volvo". I looked a bit more like " I've just woken up in a skip"!

No comments:

Post a Comment