Monday 26 August 2024

Three in one

The past few days have had a domestic focus and are unlikely to be of much interest to the casual visitor. 

I will attempt a summary because this is my Journal, but I can't promise anything riveting. 

Saturday, 24th August, 2024

The morning was wet and windy and I spent the morning indoors attempting to look busy. The weather brightened in the afternoon and 30% and I headed over to Bromsgrove to pick up some terracotta plant pot saucers for the pots she bought on the fourteenth.

Despite the morning's soaking the lawns were reasonably dry on our return, so I wheeled the mower from the shed and spent the late afternoon mowing the back lawn and around the greenhouses.

Sunday, 25th August, 2024

Today was a case of one out and one in.  30% left in the early afternoon for a one night stay at Champneys Spa up in Leicestershire with her friend Michelle.  TP turned up later in the day to  stay a couple of nights having just wrapped up the Netflix fantasy drama that he has been working on for most of the last year.  Apparently the Wrap Party had a free bar, so it is fair to say that he was somewhat lacking in energy and joi de vivre today.

My morning was spent mowing the front lawn and I met up with Bubbles in the afternoon for a wander around the trade stands at the Evesham Angling Festival.  We picked up a few oddments of tackle and gave some thought to a day up on the Severn in search of Barbel or Pike.

Back at home I caught up with TP's news and then spent a lot of time stringing runner beans as 30% had picked a huge bagful before she departed for her Spa break. The runner beans were put to good use as TP and I dined on runner bean curry for supper.

Monday, 26th August, 2024

TP disappeared early for a day boating on the Avon with his mates.

I started the morning with a variety of domestic activities. French beans were blanched and frozen as was the remaining half of last night's curry.  The kitchen was tidied, but eventually I ran out of little jobs and had to bring myself to do a job that I was not looking forward to.

The afternoon began with a long kip before I headed out to the garden and watered the veg patch.

I can also report that the aforementioned patch is finally producing something other than beans and here are a couple of snaps of the latest harvest.

12 weeks from seed to harvest!

Seed planted mid June'24

30% returned rejuvenated from her mini break and we all dined on roast lamb with fresh veg from the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment