I did make minor progress on the Enfield and the steering stem has now been cleaned up, had it's rust patches rubbed down and the first coat of black enamel has been applied. As much of this component is obscured by the casquette* once fitted, I decided not to strip down the entire piece and have just treated the few rusty areas on the underside. It will need a couple more coats and then I can think about fitting the steering and front suspension components.
We also put down the rug that we acquired at Saturday's auction. It looks fantastic in the lounge and the colours go really well with the decor.
---* The casting that holds the headlamp and the tops of the forks