Tuesday 3 February 2015

Head down

Working for a living certainly makes the day go faster and today positively sped by.

At the moment there are political issues in my area of work and, as a result, we do not have access to Operational Architects. It will therefore come as no surprise that I have had to take on this mantle too* in an attempt to progress one of my projects. Over the past few days I have attempted to design an appropriate model and today I passed it out for a peer review … It was well received, so the next step will be to get the project team to review and, hopefully, sign up to it.

The remainder of the day was filled with calls, minutes and actions and it was soon time to knock off.  The evening was spent puzzling over, and fiddling with, a set of taper roller head bearings for the Enfield. It soon became apparent that I would need a professional with access to a press to insert the bearing races in to the sleeves … It looks like I will be nipping down to Redditch Motorcycles in the morning and I hope I haven't terminally jammed the race in the sleeve … oops!
---
* In this particular project I have been the Requirements Architect, the Project Manager in additional to my primary role as Solution Integrator. I had better watch out as the lavatory cleaner is looking a bit peaky today!

No comments:

Post a Comment