Saturday 27 June 2020

Two in one

It's Saturday and the first of a long run of three day weekends ... let me explain.

The Neat & Tidy Piano Movers, and many other employers too, are concerned that their staff are amassing huge amounts of annual leave during lockdown and they will all disappear off on holiday as soon as they are able, leading to resourcing issues.  As a result we have been encouraged to take time off now.

I'm quite happy to do so and have arranged to have the next five Mondays off work.  I now have a run of five three day weekends ... fan-bloody-tastic!

Now, let's just drop back to Friday's comings and goings.  It was deathly quiet at work and the only matter of any significance was that Colleague R announced that he was finally leaving the building.  I sent him an insincere note thanking him for all of his support and assistance over the past few weeks.  I would have liked to have pointed out that he was a waffling, old woman that lacked any ability to drive his work forward to a conclusion, but, apparently, that is not an acceptable goodbye and good luck note.

And that would have been it for Friday if it hadn't been for the fact that 30% had invited a new friend over for an afternoon glass of wine in the garden.  Her husband joined her at about seven o'clock and it was gone eleven before the fun ended.  This impromptu evening was a lovely start to the weekend and I'm certain we will be seeing a lot more of O, J and Baby Artie in the future.

Now we get back to Saturday; I woke reasonably early with a thick head as a result of last night's drinking.  This was not the ideal preparation for a morning at Hailes Shooting Ground with Bubbles, but it turned out that my shooting was a slight improvement over the piss-poor performance of the past few weeks.  I can't actually tell you what my score was because it rained so hard that the ink was literally washed off the scorecard.  As we got to the last few stands we gave up keeping score and just enjoyed smashing clays.  

The high point of the morning was a pair of simulated rabbits that charged across the ground. I managed a respectable 6/8 and was surprised to have beaten Bubbles' score of 5.  Mind you, by this point, we were already sodden and he may have just decided to piss around!

Once back at home I had a light lunch and cleaned my gun before I was encouraged to tidy myself up and head down the road to Grubby Sue and Mark's house.  We were on the sauce, once again, and enjoyed a relaxed early evening barbecue with yet more wine.  

If I am honest we hadn't fully recovered from Friday evening's antics and were fortunate that we could make our excuses and return home to let the dogs out before retiring to the sofa for a long overdue snooze.

No comments:

Post a Comment